Complex mold filling

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jinson Padilla

Hello,

I am a college student working on a research product involving resin. The contraption that I am trying to assemble is a 9″x2″x2″ housing unit made of wood with a PVC cylinder of approximately 1.3″ in diameter and a length of also 9″. I am trying to fill the box with resin. I calculated that I need approximately 13 fluid ounces to fill the molds that I have made, and was wondering if anyone knew a casting resin that worked well with wood and PVC. If there are other resins that you believe would be better than a casting resin any advice would be greatly appreciated. If needed we could coat the interior of the wooden box with an epoxy paint if that helps with resin options. Thank you for any suggestions

– College Student in Need

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jinson,

For a project like this, the Resin Obsession deep pour epoxy resin will work great. You can buy it in several sizes in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-deep-pour-resin

Yes, you will need to paint the inside of your wooden box to prevent bubbles from escaping the wood into the resin.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Complex mold filling’ is closed to new replies.