Encasing a plastic model

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Guy Goodwin

Hi..

I want to encase a small plastic model aircraft in resin (in flight). Is this possible with a fairly delicate plastic? (curing heat? will it melt/distort?!).

If so, can you recommend which products to use and any thoughts for a resin novice?

I’ve looked at the basic tips, but anything specific for what I have in mind?

Finally, any thoughts on how I could replicate smoke trails/ cloud effects?

Many thanks!

Guy

Guy Goodwin

Ps

I want it to be in a dome shape, Is it possible to cast it in a glass dome or will it shrink away from the glass?

If not, can I get a domed (or if not, a square/ rectangle) mould?

Guy

Guy Goodwin

Pps wingspan 4 inches (10 cm)

[url=https://postimg.cc/34hPVcML][img]https://i.postimg.cc/vBxb1J0d/49-F102-D9-DFEA-43-D7-958-B-259-FBDA6-BC4-F.jpg[/img][/url]

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Guy, I want to give you the best possible answer to your question. There are a lot of factors at play here which could impact your casting. A back-and-forth conversation would be best if you’re up to it. I would be happy to set you up for a 15 minute consultation call. If you want to send an email through our contact page, I am happy to respond with prices and availability.

Guy Goodwin

Hi Katherine,

Thanks,

Email sent

Guy

Guy Goodwin

Hi Katherine,

Just wondeeing if the contact page is getting to you? No reply on my emails through that.

Thanks

Guy

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Guy – they are and I’m responding. (Sometimes spam filters can get a little wonky.

Did you want a 15 minute or 30 minute appointment? That will help get me to the next step.

Guy Goodwin

Ah thanks Katherine.. I haven’t got anything this end – spam or otherwise.

I guess 15 and see how we go?

Guy

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

That sounds great Guy. I will send over an invoice. Once it is paid, I can send you a link to book an appointment.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Encasing a plastic model’ is closed to new replies.