how to make faux plique-a-jour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurie

Worked great! I didnt have masking tape so I used duck tape. I used Lisa Palvekas UV resin, alcohol ink for color, & a UV light. When I peeled off the tape the bottom resin was a little wet so I put in back under the light with that side up. When that was cured I applied clear resin to the entire back to make sure the resin wouldnt fall out since the cells arent very deep. I know have a beautiful pair of pique-a-dour stained glass earrings. Thanks for your help!!

Laurie

I would like to create faux plique-a-jour jewelry using transparent colored resin & filigree brass findings. I cant figure out how to keep the resin inside the cells without running underneath the piece. Thank you 

Katherine Swift

Hi Laurie,

I would suggest attaching your frames to masking tape.  You can see what Im talking about in this tutorial:  https://www.resinobsession.com/Resin-Tutorials/336/Wire-and-resin-jewelry-tutorial.html  Press down the edges really well and the resin wont run out underneath.  Once its cured, it can peel off the tape.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘how to make faux plique-a-jour’ is closed to new replies.