Looking for an epoxy resin for thick casting

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Aaron

Looking for a resin that i can pour 1 to 2 inches thick at one time. My current resin can only be cast 1/4 inch thick. Making river tables and other things of that sort. I know ecopoxy can be cast pretty thick but it is so expensive. Anybody know of any please let me know. I am in the u.s if that makes any difference. Any help is appreciated

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

The Resin Obsession deep pour resin works great for deep pour projects. You can mix anywhere from 3 ounces to 3 gallons at one time and pour it up to two inches thick.

You can buy it in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-deep-pour-resin

Koryn

Please bare with me in advance…I am totally new to working with resin, so I SO appreciate your guidance! I too am looking for the best resin to use for thick pours. I’m trying to make a wood and resin lamp and have watched many instructional videos where the resin in the lamps is poured in only one thick pour. I can’t figure out how they’re doing it without the resin overheating and/or cracking. The area that I’d like to fill with resin in the lamp is 3.5″w x 3.5″H x 4″L. I tried to make one already using only one pour of Ecopoxy UV to fill that entire space. Well, as you can probably guess, it got SUPER HOT, cured REALLY FAST and got tons of major cracks in it. Is there a casting resin that’s good to use for really deep pours? I’d also like it to be compatible with casting objects within the deep pour. Thanks in advance for your help!

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Koryn,

I’m not familiar with EcoPoxy, but it sounds like you mixed and poured too much at once. The depth of the pour isn’t as important so much as not mixing too much at once.

Do you know what the maximum mixing amount for that resin is?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Looking for an epoxy resin for thick casting’ is closed to new replies.