Resin mess!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Peggy

Hi folks! I make resin soap dishes embedded with stones with Environmental Technology clear casting epoxy. I must have made a mistake in measuring because now 18 hours later they haven’t set up at all. I’m really not sure why because it sure seemed like I measured carefully. Anyway, what I’d like to know is how do I clean up this mess from my molds?? I’m bummed about wasting the product but I need to be able to use these molds again. I can dump out the stones but there will still be a sticky mess in all my molds. The molds are polypropylene. Thanks!

Peggy Tipton

Can anyone assist? I really need to use the molds but I don’t know what to use to clean them. They’re coated in this thick sticky un-setup resin. Thanks!!!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Peggy,

I’m afraid I have never had any good luck getting uncured resin out of polypropylene molds without marring the surface of the mold.

Peggy Tipton

Well nuts. I was going to try acetone or 99% rubbing alcohol. Neither of those are likely to work?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

When I have done this, it will make the resin more like taffy, but I still have to use something to scoop and pry it out of the mold.

Erika

Hi – Did you find a solution to this? Also, if you are able, I would love to see how your finished soap dishes turned out! Erika

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin mess!’ is closed to new replies.